The Metallica Thread

Metallica.. the second bnd i ever saw live.. IMO i cant decide hwat was better acdc or metallica when i saw them live! luckily i saw them live in adelaide and well we got the best setlist of the AU and NZ tour as we got King Nothing, Leper Messiath and Fade To Black

think the setlist was

creeping death
For whom the bell tolls
Leper Mesiah
King Nothing
Fade To Black
Fuel
then we got INXS - Need you tonight and The Angels - AM I ever gonna see your face (where the Rob did a thing between the audeince after he sand am i ever gonna see your face again.. the whole stadium yelled no way get fucked fuck off (to keep The Angels tradition alive) in the secomd chorus of that rob was laughing whilst singing
the day tha never comes
Moth into flame
Sad but true
nothing else matters
seek and destroy
Lux Aeterna
Master of puppets
One
Enter sandman

it was a great night IMO the band was heaps active witht he crowd and even did a kids make a wish was great.. we were near the barrier in the GA2 section anf the pyro flames were hot asf as me and my nana were sewating from it!

i plan on seeing them again but what made the ngiht special was at the end james an dlars said that theyll come back again!

that was also the most crowded concert I had been to at a whoping 50,000... ACDC however was at 101,000 so christ
 
Not yet! They recently announced some dates. I'd love to see them as long as I'm not busy. But a few months ago, I had a nightmare that I did, and it was at some poorly structured venue.
let me tell you catch them live! and if you can be as close as to the stage as possibel because at the end of it Robert, lars, kirk and james throw a shit ton of signed guitar pics into the crowd! during seek and destroy theyr release a bunch of inflatable balls and 9 times outta ten they record every show and if your close to the stage you might just see yourself on their official youtube
 
I like Metallica, but since Mustaine wrote 'em all, maybe not that much :P

Jokes aside, i really like Ride The ligthning.
Who doesn't? It's my favorite album. I used to think RTL needed a follow up album with a similar tone, but Spreading the Disease sounds close enough.
 
Who doesn't? It's my favorite album. I used to think RTL needed a follow up album with a similar tone, but Spreading the Disease sounds close enough.
RTL is definetlymy favourtie and I cannot say theirs a bad song on it(maybe the call of ktulu but even Escape is awesome)

TBH MOP I havent really listened to over and over IMO Battery, MOP, Welcome Home Sanitarium, Leper Messiah and Orion are great songs

But i prefer th Black album... I first bought the cd for my mum.. later I took it back and i just love everyy song on that album! every song is p[retty much in the same key as E/Eminor e.g Enter Sandman, Nothing else Matters, Dont tread On Me, Through The Never, Holier Then Thou, Of Wolf And Man etc

never really liked AJFA it seems to dry but One and To Live Is To Die are about the best tunes from that album
 
Well aware! Hence why I made this thread! I'd like to see the band on one of those dates but I won't be sitting near the stage since tickets are expensive.
fair enough mate perhaps ask for some money from a friend to get into that area and repay him back trust me you wanna be in a pit at a Metalluca concert... or just save.. do you have a job?
 
never really liked AJFA it seems to dry but One and To Live Is To Die are about the best tunes from that album
What? That's my second favorite album. Yes, AJFA would've benefited from the bass being higher in the mix, but I love Shortest Straw, Blackened, and the title track.

Also, One was the first Metallica song I listened to. There was a time when I kept seeing Metallica guitar ads before I was a fan, and I kept thinking, who is the country singer? And the song (Enter Sandman intro) kinda sucks. I have since taken that back.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-05-07 190718.png
    Screenshot 2026-05-07 190718.png
    156 KB · Views: 3
I should probably have asked if you dont mind me asking.. I can offer you some advice on it if youd like
 
What? That's my second favorite album. Yes, AJFA would've benefited from the bass being higher in the mix, but I love Shortest Straw, Blackened, and the title track.

Also, One was the first Metallica song I listened to. There was a time when I kept seeing Metallica guitar ads before I was a fan, and I kept thinking, who is the country singer? And the song (Enter Sandman intro) kinda sucks. I have since taken that back.
Earlier this year I hated enter sandman tbh.. but now the only time i play the song is when im playing guitar to it
 
fair enough mate perhaps ask for some money from a friend to get into that area and repay him back trust me you wanna be in a pit at a Metalluca concert... or just save.. do you have a job?
I'm not the type of person who wants to be that close. Sounds strange but it's true. The costs are fine but I was a bit surprised.
I should probably have asked if you dont mind me asking.. I can offer you some advice on it if youd like
Go for it.
 
Ah ofc man ! everyones got a specimen as long as your their thats all that matters and RTFO

but nah its so weird cuz in Australia im 15 and already on the way to becoming a shift supervisor at KFC and in the last efw weeks Ive esaily made just over $1k... despite being on $13.91 aud an hour.

but if it helps atleats make an estimate on how much hours you do at the job (providing you have one) say like 10 hours for example, and then look at your payslip and after tax to see how much you have left after 20 hours and tax and say its like $150 after tax,

you select what date you want to attend and what area so for example their first gig in Vancouver - may 8th and your aiming to be in the moshpit (unsure of how expenisve it is in NA and what the currency differnece is)

but say TICKET IS $210 USD, and you make weekly $150 not including other costs of every day living

theirs roughly 7.3 months until the gig and each momnth has 4 weeks ], so times your weekly average pay by 4 so 150 x 4 =$600 but you spend about $400 in a month on food etc.

save like $25-50 a week for the ticket itself and youll be their in no time, if yoy do like $25 a week in savings youll achieve the target goal in about 2.1 months but if you chose $50 youll be their in 1.1 month.

I dont know if this is really making sense but yeah then once you buy the ticket you have anoth 5-6 months to prepere accomdation, transport, merch etc and in that sector I'd start saving like $50-$75 a week.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What i do is cuz i make $300 a week i put $150 in my general savings, I put $5-$10 in mhy concert savings beacsue theirs a decent amount f money their as ive already bought tickets and then i donate another $10-15 on debt which leaves me roughly $100 to spend on a week and at the next pay I just add in the leftover that I didnt spend into my savings whihc is usualyy $20
 
Back
Top